new favorite product

You know when you just run into a product and go WOW. I need that. Well I've been thinking of that carpenters chalk line thingee and guess what. I now have one. But it's not the carpenters one - it has the chalk that goes away with an iron. It's made for marking quilts.

Check out this site: http://suepellanddesigns.com/

You'll need to scroll down to see the chalk product.

Don't know if anyone else is carrying this product but I love it. Just marked a quilt that I'm doing clamshells on and can't wait to use it on the border to mark the center line.

This doesn't replace my other new favorite: clover soft pic thread thingee - but it's a close match. So now I have 2 favorites.

Just had to share. Love these gadgets.:P:P

no - it's not a dumb question at all, i use it all the time with another chalk product. You don't press down, it's the heat of the iron that removes the chalk. I don't use the iron if it's a poly batt - i then use a micro cloth (from the automotive section) and lightly rub it off. prefer the iron though.

Guest Linda S

Cool tool. However, you can go to the MAN'S (ahem, I spend a lot of time there -- I live in an old house) hardware store, buy a basic chalk line and fill it with Miracle Chalk for about half that cost. Any time a tool is designated for quilting use, it doubles or quadruples the price!

Linda

P.S. I just checked Harbor Freight. You can buy a chalk line with chalk (which of course, you wouldn't use) for $4.49

i found the ones in the hardware store heavier. this one is a bit expensive but it was light weight. good point though. The filler with this one works really well and I was able to fill my line pencil with it. I was wondering where to buy plastic bottles with tips that I could then put some of my other chalks in...

Guest Linda S

Some of the hardware store chalk lines are metal. Some are plastic -- very light weight.

Try Dharma Trading company for plastic bottles with tips -- they have a lot of dye products, etc. Be careful though, it's a dangerous place to go shopping!

Linda

Archived