Need help with thread breaking

I am a lurker, now needing help. I am "trying" to get this quilt done for the Habitat for Humanity, but the thread keeps breaking. I have rethreaded the machine about a bizillion times, changed the needle, changed the bobbin, but mostly what happens is the thread comes out of the back hook, where the cone is and then comes up into that hook. It'll come out while quilting then pulls on the thread making it shred. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ginny

Thank you, it worked and the quilt is on it's way to Habitat!! Thanks for your quick reply doodlebug (love the hat!!). Has anyone ever used the net to go around the cones? Wonder if the thread being so slippery comes off the cone to fast, and that would slow things down

Ginny

Yep, a thread net on any slippery thread will help a lot. I don't use one with cotton thread, but always with Rainbows, BL, Metro, etc.

In place of the batting in the guide (hi shannon!), I threaded on a plug of cosmetic sponge. I put a hole in it and pushed it onto the guide. I push it down to the crook in the guide to keep the thread contained, yet it is easy to thread the guide if need be. It can also be used to dispense some Sewer's Aid.

Archived