How to display at a festival?

My local community hosts a fall festival each year. About 20,000 folks attend over a 2 day period. I'm contemplating setting up a booth for my small company. I make custom t-shirt quilts and memory quilts for customers. So, my booth will not be up with the vendors who are selling products at the fair but in another section with businesses and civic organizations. I view this as a two-day advertising opportunity and chance to get my name out in the community.

My goal is to attract non-quilters who want to give a special gift to someone. Most folks who don't quilt or haven't seen a t-shirt quilt have a hard time envisioning what one looks like. I plan on borrowing quilts from customers to display at the festival. The 'booth' will be a 10'x10' space with a tent, 1 8' table and 2 chairs. I so don't have a merchandising bone in my body. What are the good ways to display quilts at something like this?

What else could I have on hand for 'freebies?' Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Lynn

Brochures, business cards and samples are at the top of the list. I would hang a quilt at the back of the tent and put the table with more samples, either along the back or along one side. Try to draw the people into your booth. The chairs can be to the fromt of the booth so you can greet people as they go by. A personal pet peeve of mine is vendors at a fair who just sit in the corner of their booth and barely look up... They get none of my business no matter how great their stuff looks.

This is a booth I shared with a quilting friend at last years' Blueberry festival. Please excuse Mr. Tatoo-guy

post--13461904579385_thumb.jpg

Pile up a stack of T-shirts (whatever you can find or borrow) tie the stack together with a ribbon, and make a sign that says "Let me turn THIS into THAT!"--next to your display quilt.

Then make suggestions--keep those special (sports, school, cheerleading, favorite hobby, pet, unicorn, hiking, blah blah) T-shirts close to your heart and warming your feet.

Mention school colors, decor-matching colors, favorite colors, etc. so the quilt is personal and memorable. Make everyone believe they need one. Mention all the memorable reasons when a quilt like this would be perfect--all the transitions--weddings, graduations, anniversaries, etc.

You already know all this--just remind your viewer why they need one!

How fun!!

Archived