Can't adjust brand new bobbin case

IBQLTN2

I was just wondering if there is sometimes something wrong with a bobbin case straight from the factory. Last night I was changing my bobbin case to use bottom line thread instead of using the one that was set for a heavier weight thread, so I took out a brand new bobbin case with its shiny little bobbin spring and put a bottom line bobbin. I put it in the towa gauge and it read 400 all the way to the bottom of the guage and didnt seem to move the bobbin. I loosened the bobbin several times and no significant change. the bobbin would turn for a 1.4 turn and then seem to hang up then turn again. Finally I loosened it so much that the screw came out. I put it back in and tried again with the same results. Then I put the same bobbin in my old case and it was fine. Should I try changing the spring, I did take it out and put it back in to no avail. there was nothing in the way. Really confused as to what the problem is. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I thought I had a brand new case to use and it seems it doesnt work at all.

Jeanne, Love your new avatar, pretty lady! I think you have a no functioing bobbin.. if the larger screw on the side doesn't change tension, something is wrong. I doubt the spring would do that. I'd call or email the place you purchased it and explain the situation to them.

Good Luck,

RitaR

Jeanne,

Just checking...were you loosening the "big" screw or the little one? It can get a bit confusing. The big screw is closest to where the thread exits the bobbin case, and is the one that applies tension. Once you had that screw fall out, you should have seen a measurable difference in the bobbin.

Also, check to see if the little "duck bill" flap on the tension part is inside the hole where the thread exits.

We can certainly get a new bobbin case out to you if needed. Let me know!

thanks Dawn I will check it. I was loosening the big screw. I will mess with it a little more and see if I can figure out what is going on with it. I got it brand new when I got my machine ordered it extra from the factory.

Thanks Sylvia the one I have been using is fine, I just wanted to use one exclusively for my bottom line bobbins instead of always having to readjust but that one just wouldnt adjust at all. I could see the gap getting tighter and looser but it didnt seem to make any difference in the tension. something else seemed to be hanging it up.

Thanks Rita my daughter took the picture, looked like I was laying down but I was just leaning back. lol

Archived