putting on M&M wheels ?

I'd take the head off. It would be pretty tricky to juggle replacing the wheels on the machine especially the encoder/channel lock wheels. It's not that hard to spend a few minutes taking the 2 roller bars off.

The directions also say to take the axels off but I didn't on one I installed a couple weeks ago. I tried but the screws were really tight and it really didn't seem to be a needed step.

We've done it both ways. Changing out the wheels is definitely faster if you take the head off the table --- IF you don't factor in the time it takes to dismount the Power Fabric Advance and remove the two back rollers.:o

If you leave the head on the table, you just have to put something under the carriage and something between the carriage and the head to make sure that all weight is off the wheels.

If you have more questions, give Amy or Christy at APQS a call - or call me, I'll put my DH on the phone... ;)

DH installed my M&M wheels and he left the head on the carriage and put magazines/books under it to support it. He did take the rear table axle with the channel lock off of the carriage to change those wheels. To change the carriage wheels he put the support between the head and the carriage. I hope that makes sense.

Archived