4x Water Soluable

I purchased the large Water Soluable I think its 2 x 4.

I want to make a shaw or scarf to show in my class in September as and example of other things that can be quilted or done on a longarm.

How do I approach this? Any fibers that you recommend that will be wonderful to touch. I was thinking of the fibers that Myrna sells on her website. I want it to be beautiful.

Also what about the angle fibers? These are cool and I'm taking a class in Houston this year on how to apply or use them.

I was hoping someone here had done this. Before I begin I would appreciate some tips.

Guest Linda S

Tammie - pin one layer of the water soluable to your leaders, then arrange your fibers, then put another layer over the top and quilt the living bejeezus out of it. You can use whatever fibers strike your fancy. Myrna does have a fabulous selection. Did you mean Angelina? That also works well, but if you ever decide to iron it, you will need to use a teflon sheet so it doesn't stick to your iron. I save all my thread clippings in a big plastic bag. Some day, they will be part of some fiber art!

Linda

Tammie,

Follow this link to Simply Quilts with Marilyn Badger http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting_instructions/article/0,,HGTV_3302_3822204,00.html

and you will find the directions to make a poncho with the silk fibers. The basic directions are the same for whatever you are making. It is a lot of fun to do and you end up with something very beautiful and unique.

When using yarns be sure to watch out for the kind with the really dense pieces.

Myrna

Thanks Myrna,

The instuctions are just what I was looking for.

Is this the silk that you carry? If so I need to order some from you.

Where would I order the Angelina Fibers?

Would I use whatever kind of thread I want?

I cannot wait to make this. Too COOL:cool::cool:

The instuctions where just what I was looking for.

I just noticed on the home page that the show will be aired again on Tuesday :)

Is this the silk that you carry? If so I need to order some from you.

Yes, it is check out my website.

Where would I order the Angelina Fibers?

I have those also but don't have photos of them.

Would I use whatever kind of thread I want?

I use rainbows or highlights. Something shimmy and pretty to match the fibers. But you may use what you like. Whatever you make can be reversible.

I am at work so I will get my order to you from home.

PS. My daughter said she had a BLAST at your classes this week in Co. I'm pea GREEN with envy that I couldn't come.

She just phoned and is so excited about her new Longarm coming. I am thrilled for her.

Now I can still quilt when I go on VACATION to Colorado to see all the Grandchildren. WHOOHOOOO.

Well that is if she will let me us her pretty new machine. lolol

Now u know Grammie that the Grandbabies will keep us busy with other stuff than quitling/ I think we'll have to actually have to schedule our time together, being that we are both so busy! But I know we WILL be quilting our rear ends off when we do get together!

By the way, to all of ya'll-if you have the opportunity to take a class with Myrna PLEASE do. She has a wealth of information and loves to share! My brain is FULL and I only attended three of the classes!

Take Care

Myrna - I just tried looking at the instrucion page and it didn't work, I will

have to try again later.

Tammie - I can't wait to see a photo of what you do with this! We just had

our quilt guild meeting last Thursday and everybody did a little sample of

this using Aqua Bond on the bottem and then a layer of plain water

soulable stablizer on the top, after you have stuck all of your threads on it.

The person demo'ing did say that your needle gets a bit gummed-up.

Just wondering if others have had this problem, or what brand of stabiler

are you using? Do you clean your needle with something, or just replace it?

And where did you order your stabilizer from? I have it in little sheets, but

would like it on a roll or bolt if putting on my long arm!

P.S. Hey is "mountainmanda" your daughter? How cool - Welcome!

Yes,

Amanda is my daughter in law. She is waiting on her new Millie as we speak. Isn't that too cool. She just recently opened a small Quilt shop in Westcliff Colorado called "Quilters Corner" It is such a nice shop.

I can't wait to do this shaw/vest with the water soluable. I have to get everything ordered still. Can't make up my mind on the color. They are all so beautiful. I 'm talking about the silk fibers that are sold on Myrna's site. Yummy stuff.

You can get the 4x from Superior Threads. It is 47" by 1 yard and they have other sizes for other project ideas and a 20 yard package I think.

Manda is a sweet as Tammie. I called her Tammie several times as they are SOOOOO much alike.

Tammie I do carry water soluble that I really like. It comes in 40' X 2 feet. A heavy weight for the bottom and a light weight for the top.

It's one stop shopping :) I forgot to take to class any of the thread ponchos or duster I have made. I do have to say I like wearing Marilyn's though :)

Judy I just cut and pasted the link and it worked fine.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting_instructions/article/0,,HGTV_3302_3822204,00.html

Don't forget it will be aired on Tuesday.

Manda keep me posted, and if you need anything give me a call. I stopped by Laura's, they had everything set up. Had fabric on when I left. I know Bob was just itching to quilt. On Friday's I know who will be using the machine ;) Laura, are you out there? Stop lurking and say hello.

Myrna - I can't find the water soluble stuff on your website - I like the size

sheet you have, can you tell me the price?

I was finally able to get the page to work - and would really like to make

one of these ponchos. LOVE the colors of silk fibers you have - awesome!

How many packages do you think would be needed for one poncho?

Did you have any problems with the needle getting gummy - sticky? If so -

what do / did you clean it with?

Archived