Monofiliment thread tension

Is it on a spool? or Cone? I had the Superior MonoPoly spool, and had lots of problems....my Liberty does not like spools. I did get the dual spool holder and that worked for the MonoPoly, but not the Rainbow.

I did notice that as the Mono came off of the spool it twisted....pretty soon there would be lots of twists as it made its way to the needle eye...and then it would break.

I like the MonoPoly better than most of the monofillament threads, I have an old cone of something I bought years ago and it works, but I notice it has a yellow cast to it, so I'm thinking it is nylon and won't hold up over the long run.

Cheryl

My favorites are YLI and Madeira also. They hardly ever break for me. I actually can run them at a tighter tension than the bottom line and Rainbows threads, still looser than some of the poly threads, but not bad at all. I have found that some threads won't take the abrasion of nylon (lingerie) bobbin thread or even a same fiber and wt in a different brand, and I have to switch to something more similar to the top thread (like the same brand) Just a thought

Well I actually used all the suggestions, I cut a piece of nylon and I also losen the tension a whole 1 1/2 turns and I threaded only two holes, it still was breaking, soOOOO I remembered at the IMQS show that one of the classes we took, they said if you have walked through all the obvious corrections and they don't work, try a different spool of thread, so I did and quess what it runs perfect, even had to tighten the tension a little. So I guess it was the spool of thread. Thanks for the help, I have to deliver this quilt tomorrow. Thank you thank you thankyou.......

Archived