Exfhibit No. 1, 2, 3 are done!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my!!! Thanks for the close-ups! I can almost seeing them moving - such details!!

You make me want to give this a try, just beautiful.... Can't wait to see whats next!

You said one more? Is there a reason to have just 4?.... I want to see many more.....

The store owner said she can only display 4, and they couldn't be bigger that 30"x40". If I get any interest in the work I may try to get it displayed in a local art gallery. There is a wonderful art school here in an old convent. Southwest School of Art and Craft, I hope to take some drawing classes there someday. I have never had any formal training in art. I love to paint, use a lot of Dover clip art, the painting designs are usualy from there. But as anyone who does art can tell you, the line drawing is only the beginning of a painting. I draw pretty good form photos and use a lot of those for subjects. My husband and I both do a lot of photogrophy in our travels.

Now on to a real challenge! The last one will have a Western flair, a horse and I hope a image of my Dad!

I own that book! And yes I do love it. My problem is getting into the "zone" without interruption. If you have ever experienced that trance like state you know how hard it is to come out. When you loose it, then it's very hard (for me anyway) to recapture. When I can hit that "zone" I am amazed what I can do. But, it comes at a price for me. I am not aware of time passing, will not hear my name called, etc. On occasion I have gone for 10 or 12 hours and didn't eat, go to the bathroom or anything. LOL I could just loose myself!

My sister is an artist to, with a degree from Sam Houston State College, she told me it's like that for her too. The artist's muse can be very demanding!

Archived