#1 - How would you quilt this.

Ok, it always seems that I have ideas on all of your quilts but I just got in 2 quilts and I dont' have ideas for either of them. This quilt (#1) is a small wall hanging that has prairie points- The Asian characters are the guys name and the outside border is tigers. I thought that the smaller light colored border would be good to put in some bamboo shoots. My customer picked out some king tut verig. thread in beige, tan and brown. So what ideas do you have?

2807723550094956607S600x600Q85.jpg[/img]

2822991380094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking and all ideas.

It seems like the white nameplate should be surrounded by gold metallic. You might want to consider doing a bananas fill on the black. I did it on a tiger quilt once and it went well. McTavishing would work well in that area also. A third idea is to look for shashiko patterns.

I'd just squiggle with the lines of the yellow/orange inner border.

Is this for a male or female? You could use black Bottom Line or invisible thread to go around the flowers in the gray fabric, if for a female. Another idea is to use the centers of the flowers as a points to quilt to and from -- maybe a tassel meander (from Darlene Epp's design books).

I like Heidi's idea of piano keys over the tigers.

Hi Joan, This quilt is for a boy. My customer has already picked out thread and I suggested gold metallic but she didn't want that, so I'll be using the King Tut Varig. thread (off white, tan, gold, brownish combo). I'm thinking that the greek keys would look good in the gray border next to the prairie points, and the piano keys through the Tigers. The darker gray has Ginkgo leaves in it and I may use these to stitch around and design elements. I like your idea of shashiko in the white area. I'll do some research on that. Thank you for your ideas.

PJ you could put the greek keys in either border. I was originally thinking they would look best in the black inner border. I was thinking of the piano keys in the last border before the tigers but it would look good in through the tigers too, I'd only worry about the thread showing too much or being distracting. I was thinking I would outline the tigers somehow but taking a 2nd look I see that might be easier said than done.

Archived