Shipping a machine

Hi MB-

First things first.

How was Haylee's birthday and why haven't we seen pictures?

How is Jen faring?

How is Rod?

How are you?

Ok, we expect some updates, missy!

I haven't shipped a machine but I have a hubby who knows everything.

A freight company will be necessary for the table. They will only pick up items that are boxed. If you can't box it up, ask the freight company for recommendations--usually a moving company will come and pack things for a fee. The head is light enough to go UPS, but your customer may choose to have one freighting company bring it all so everything arrives together. Check in the yellow pages or call APQS and ask who they use. If you have a buyer, you may charge them for the packing and then they need to make arrangements for the freight company they choose to come pick it up. (You can help with that to smooth things along.)

Did you sell your machine?

Man, I am soooo nosey tonight!

Haylee also got a purple coat to match her hat a mittens....Oh, and the cutest elephant stuffed animal. Bama taught her what an elephant says so when she brought it out of the bag she said, very loud, "An elepahant!!" Then very quiet (thankfully) she put her lips together and force air out to make the elephant sound...it was so cute...

Oh, and she has an a little spot between her eyes that looks bad but I don't know how to fix picutres anymore...so there you go.

post--13461904987658_thumb.jpg

Rod is doing better, although he is not 100% yet. It will just take some time, but he is better.

My Mom thinks she will go back to work in the spring...I don't think so...however I am encouraging her by saying stuff like, "You should be able to, just rest now when you need it, and work out a the gym to strengthen your muscles." She is very tired most of the time. She fell last week, but has not shared that tid bit with me yet....but I know...just like kids, they can't hide those things from us. My dad went outside at 3 am to get the dog to stop barking and fell and couldn't get up. So he was ou side for quite a while. What am I going to do with them? Oh, and my Mom ran a stop sign too, never seen it. Even my Dad seen the sign and he is almost blind.

Jen has her moments, but you guys know that song....same one by the way. She feels okay, not great, when she keeps the IV going. When she starts feeling like she is over the sickness, she gets daring and disconnects the IV, then she is down for 3 -4 days, so not really worth it. I tell her to just stay connected, but that is easier said than done. I know she wants off the leash, she just can't do it yet.

I'm fine :D:P:P

My machine may have sold. I did find a way to ship. After I posted this message my brother called and I was telling him about this. Seems my nieces husband works for a company that coordinates shipping. All I have to do is box things up, weigh it (could be the problem) then call him and he will do the rest. I will be talking to "my customer" on Monday to let her know. I won't say who it is just yet.....I will let her tell you all.

Well, I think we are all caught up....not too exciting huh?!

Thanks for the update, Mary Beth, and especially the "auntie" photos of Haylee. You know we love our special girl!

Congrats on selling your machine--it was a hard decision I am sure, but you made the best one for your life right now.

It sounds like your life isn't boiling over, but it's still simmering! I am sending warm thoughts and good wishes to all.

It's so hard to raise parents--you can't make them take a time-out or restrict them! Sometimes you are forced to do the intervention thing to get their attention. That promise that if they don't listen to those who want the best for them, then outside care-givers may need to be brought in. The loss of control of their lives is such a dreaded thing. Like they say, getting old is not for sissies!

Hugs to my friend and all those she loves.

Yes, APQS can tell you the exact weight of each box when they ship it to you. If you pack the boxes differently they will not weigh the same. But it is a start and the machine won't have gained weight over the years:D I did sell my Liberty and shipped it UPS. I want to say it was between $800 and $900, that was about 2 years ago. I did have to get it down to the UPS store and that was another story. I only have a Toyota Prius...but I did it, except for the machine legs. I was fortunate that the man who owned the shipping store was a neighbor with a van. He stopped by and took those to the store for me. We also bundled the two pole boxes together so it would ship as one package (it was cheaper to do that).

Thanks for the update Mary Beth, those pics are adorable! I have been thinking about your Jen and wondering how she was feeling....is she able to add vitamins to her iv fluids? My Jen was able to go every other day on the bags once she added those vitamins...I guess it is a challenge to stay ahead of the morning sickness...

even harder with a 3 year old!

Hang in there!

Archived