new M & M wheels

Tangled Threads

Ok- now that they are finally on..(more work than I figured) I have the compuquilter, and, I cannot hook up the front cables...its like the thingy that is to screw to the carraige is too short...also, my channle lock dont work...it clicks but is not tight to move in the other direction...(now thats clear as mud) anybody got any hints on what Im to do??????

The M&Ms are made of much more slippery material than the old wheels. It is possible that the channel lock is engaging correctly and the now-stationary wheel is still sliding along the rails. The Bliss system had issues and my carriage encoder was replaced.

The channel locks are now less strong, so care must be taken that the head is nudged, not muscled, when the locks are engaged--so it will stay on line.

I used to wax my rails with the old wheels, If you take some alcohol and remove all oily, waxy, ETC, from the rails you will get a better grip on things. If you've already run the wheels use a little alcohol on them to to remove anything you may have gotten on them. Butch at Comuquilter is aware of the new bracket needed and I don't know if they are going to sell them or not. But that is part of Compuquilter. I made my own to get it to work. The new bracket is the same top and bottom just 3/8+ Inches longer. --Dave B.

Archived