M&M Wheels

Well, I have been away for most of the summer and I am ready to get back to having fun. I have poppedin from time to time, but never had time to stay and visit. Wow, there has been alot going on here! I ordered the M&M wheels for my Missy, and have talked my husband into helping me install them this evening. Any Advice???? Can the wheels be installed without removing the carriage and head from the frame????? or can we do it by just stabilizing the head right on the frame. I did a search and found lots great reviews, but nothing on the actual installation, but then I am not great at the search thing.

Any and all advice accepted gratefully.

Hubby and I installed last weekend and it went really quickly. Just follow the directions and you won't have any problems. I was missing the directions for the frame wheels but Patty Butcher saved me and faxed them to me! Love this forum and all the helpful guys and gals! We took the head off because when we installed the ER's it was a PITA to deal with it still on the head. It was much better having the head off.

My DH installed the wheels with the head still on the carriage. He did one wheel at a time, as Carmen's husband did. He propped up the carriage with thin pieces of wood, and shims, so as not to put it in a bind. When he got to the wheels on the head, I held the machine so that it wouldn't roll back and forth while he installed the back wheels. It went very well, and didn't take long at all. He put them on in one morning...a couple of hours, I'd say.

So, we ended up taking the head off,but just to the side, but did the carriage right where it sat. You were so right. the directions are great.So we get the final wheels on, tie up the wires and I turn around to put the tools away. My table is definitely not level. Good thing I was holding on to it during installation, it might have runn DH over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLOLO Thanks for the info......Now it is back to the studio to level that table and adjust the wheels...I can't wait to try it freehand!!!!!

Archived