Millenium rental

I am a long-time lurker. I feel like I know a lot of you on the board, but I know you don't know me very well. I am currently in nursing school (graduate in May), but before college I quilted professionally on a Millenium at a local quilt shop.

Anyway, onto my point...I have a king size (huge!) log cabin quilt that I want to quilt for my parents for Christmas. The quilt store I used to work at sold their long arm and quilting business (it is just an antiques store now) so I no longer have access to a long arm machine for my big projects.

I am wondering if someone on this forum who lives in the Lehigh Valley/Poconos area of Pennsylvania would be willing to rent their machine to me for one day so I can finish this quilt for my parents for Christmas. I know it is last minute and you don't know me, but if you are willing to rent me time I could send you pictures of my work so you would know I am not the average quilter from off the street.

I know these machines are like our babies (I hope to have a baby one day, haha). I am hoping someone out there would have pity on a college student so I could get this done for Christmas. Thanx!

Actually, I think this is the MillieI bought last April. I am not that close but willing to let you use mine for a day if you would like. About 1 to 1.5 hours from Lehigh area to Lancaster. Have dogs (they will be crated) just in case you are allergic. Email me at rrqg@mindspring.com if you are interested and we can set up a date.

Archived