Pictures! OHMYGAWD...preview.

Does that gorgeous quilt pattern have a name? Can we see a photo of the entire quilt? I don't know if I'll ever tackle a quilt with so many angles, but if anything will inspire me, this will be it! I love everything about this quilt so far (that I can see). Perhaps you designed the quilt pattern as well as the quilting pattern?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

MaHubs, I have no idea what the name of this pattern is. Joel said it was a real pain to make as the seams were all set in seams. He shared the templates with me as I too thought I would make it someday. However at this point...I think I have had my share of hexagons for awhile!

Perhaps someone else can help to name this block.

Sherry I just LOVE what you are doing....but then I always do....you are such a perfectionist...wish that would rub off on me some LOL ...Another prize winning quilt....Thank you for sharing....we put our huse on the market...will be moving to the valley somewhere....maybe I will see you more often.....hope so!!!!

hugs fro0m oregon

Shireen

Sherry, First of all, Kudos as well--absolutely beautiful!!! Secondly, Can you tell me when to SID and when not to? I see that you have done a lot of it here, and I just never know when it is needed and when I can go without (since I don't really like to do it unless I have to!)

Thanks!

Luv2kwilt

APQS MILLENNIUM

Originally posted by dtreusch

Sherry,

I'm curious how long it takes you to quilt something like this?

Thanks,

Debbi

Hi Debbi

Good question! I am still working on it when I can. I am getting ready to go to China at the end of the week so I guess you could say that it takes just as long to get to China and back! LOL

Actually, the butterfly feather blocks only take about 5 min. each. I do 20 of those each day I am working along with the SID and all the ruler work on the alternate blocks. If I did that each day I figured it would take 7 days of full time quilting.

Originally posted by luv2kwilt

Sherry, First of all, Kudos as well--absolutely beautiful!!! Secondly, Can you tell me when to SID and when not to? I see that you have done a lot of it here, and I just never know when it is needed and when I can go without (since I don't really like to do it unless I have to!)

Thanks!

Luv2kwilt

APQS MILLENNIUM

Hello Luv

I am a ditcher...I pretty much ditch everything I see. The only time I do not is when the design crosses the seam. I love to stitch in the ditch, I go slow and always use a very fine thread such as Bottom Line. Hope this helps, holler if I can help you further.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived