Pictures! OHMYGAWD...preview.

I feel like sharing today! I am still working on Joel's OMYGAWD quilting but took some photos of part of what I am doing. I designed the feathers for the octogon shapes and am also showing pictures of the stars. It is a slow going process as there are 143 of these 5" hexagons plus 2 borders! I can get 20 blocks and stars done each day. I am about 1/2 way finished. These feathers would be perfect for the Compuquilter as there is alot of backtracking. I think I will call them Butterfly Feathers!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry,

How do you find time to do such things?

It is truly OHMYGAWD quilting, Joel is going to be pleasantly surprised!!;)

I love the feathers you designed, if you want to send me the drawing I will digitize it for you so you can resize for the next OHMYGAWD quilt with these shapes!:P

Thanks for sharing, Sherry!!:)

Originally posted by SherryRogers

I feel like sharing today! I am still working on Joel's OMYGAWD quilting but took some photos of part of what I am doing. I designed the feathers for the octogon shapes and am also showing pictures of the stars. It is a slow going process as there are 143 of these 5" hexagons plus 2 borders! I can get 20 blocks and stars done each day. I am about 1/2 way finished. These feathers would be perfect for the Compuquilter as there is alot of backtracking. I think I will call them Butterfly Feathers!

OHMYGAWD doesn't even do it justice. :D

Sherry it is absolutely exquisite. I just want to sit and stare at it. You are such an inspiration for all of us. Thank you so much for sharing. Now it is off to PPPPP and laugh out loud at what my attempt should be. :P

Nor am I worthy....But when I grow up can I be just like you.

What a beautiful design, your brain works on a way different level than mine, I would NEVER have come up with that...I have your book, and I practice and practice and practice, but not there yet. :P

Sherry - HOLY SMOKES - You are amazing. ;) As a newby, I'm still trying to find out how to fill the space. You not only fill it, but fill it with beauty. As Bekah said, you are an inspiration to all of us. and as Bonnie said, when I grow up I can be just like you. I'm not sure there are enough years left in eternity to be just like you but I'm going to do my best!!:P

Hi Sherry

I just love the feathers and as soon as I saw them I thought how great they would be digitised for compuquilter. You'd just need to digitise one and set it up in array - it would quilt up so quickly. I particularly like the three arcs that make the design original.

I was wondering yesterday as I flicked through your Formal Feathers 101 if you had considered having these digitised for CQ? I'm sure lots of people would want to purchase them.

Love your work.

Sue in Australia

What should I say, what it isn?t said already????*lol*;)

Every new quilt is a excellent surprise!!!!Wooooow!

Yesterday I saw the "Hildegard-Quilt" life in the APQS Showroom:cool::D;) .........you can?t imagine the reaction of all of us!;) Wooooooow again!

I?ve taken some pictures of this EVENT....but my normal computer is still broken:( and I can?t upload any pictures right now:mad:

I hope I?ll get my computer back this week......

Have a great day....

Best wishes from over the ocean

Claudia

Sherry ::o

Good lord girl you are talented,

WoW what can I say that hasn't already been said.

That is some awsome quilting.

I'd have guessed that you already have a CQ. if you hadn't told us differant, your hex's are so nicely done,

I'm not even going to hope to be that good in a few years, my drawing skills are lacking what ever it is you have.

Beautiful work you're a DIVA in my books;)

WOW...that is fantastic. I just can't believe what you ladies can do with your machines. :)

I'm just excited that I have moved to the front of the machine. It's a lot more fun there.

Do you guys have artistic ability or background? Can't believe all that talent just comes from practice. But I am finding out that the more I do, the more confident I get. I'm a long way from where I would like to be, but maybe someday I can be just a tiny bit like you all.

Like everyone says...."you are an inspiration." I'm so glad it is possible to post pictures so we can see all your beautiful work.

Archived