Pictures! OHMYGAWD...preview.

Originally posted by SonjaHammond

Do you mark your design in the areas before loading the quilt

or is it all done freehand? Do you use rulers on the curved lines?

Hi Sonja

I marked the yellow border only on this quilt. The diamond crosshatch was done with my Diamonds are a Girls Best friend ruler. For the hexagon blocks, I only marked the divisions. I do use a very small circle template to keep my semi circles smooth.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just send you my quilts to quilt.

the more I look at these feathers the more I love them and the more determined I become to just be able to do a tiny little one someday that looks like a feather instead of something off of a outer space bird:P

Sherry, your quilting is just amazing and beautiful!

If one were to talk prcing for work like this, how much would it cost per sq inch....or do you quote an set price for the whole quilt?

I've got several dzn tops that need to be quilted and I'd sure love to have one of the quilted by you. Have you ever quilted for anyone from Canada? That's where I'm from.

Rita

Sherry, I'm wondering how you quilt like that with no signs of back tracking or knots of any kind. Did you bury all the knots? And how does one plan a design like that with no backtracking?

I hope to take a class from you some day and learn all these tricks. :)

Thanks for sharing that beautiful quilting with us.

Rita

OMMEEGAWSH! I leave for the day and you all go crazy! Gawsh, where do I begin again besides thanking you all for your wonderful comments?

Teresa asked if she could use the design. You bet! Use em up, but you MUST show pictures when you do! And remember, the best way to keep any designer happy is to always give credit for the inspiration.

Sheila, you must need glasses!!! I see every wobble and off track quilting line there! I am kidnapping you in Houston and perhaps we can borrow a machine for a bit!

Bekah, you are a hop skip and a jump away from me! We can have a mini lesson almost anytime!

Christine, what a treat to see a message from you and Ronda! I admire the both of you way more then you will ever know!

Rita, oh honey, we have backtracking....much backtracking. Each motif was done continuosly so backtracking is definetly there. Remember, matching thread is your friend! You asked pricing for this. This is high dollar stuff, I have not invoiced it yet but more then likely 5-6 cents per inch.

Quilts? Quilting?...bring em on anyone! I LOVE to quilt!

I love the color of thread that you chose to compliment the fabrics. Its amazing to see how this quilt truly comes alive when you compare the quilted and unquilted areas. The butterflies perfectly compliment the batik fabrics, and what a difficult design area to fill, with feathers no less! My compliments to you both!

Sherry which book of yours would this beautiful quilting pattern be in? Likewise, did you do this quilting from the front of the machine? I am a new LA quilter (am just getting my millenium this week), but would hope someday (in my lifetime) to try what you have done. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Janet

New Mille owner

Wms Lk, BC

Sherry - you are such an amazingly talented and creative person. I love the ideas you come up with and then you put them on the quilt so perfectly! Keep posting those pictures. I'm learning, I'm learning!!

Linda

Again you guys have left me speechless! I cannot thank you enough for all your kind words but I just want to say that you all really make sharing fun! Thank you!

Janet, these particular feathers are not in my Formal Feathers book. I will include them in the next, but for now you will just have to wing it on your own if you wish to re-create them.

Claudia,

Thank you for including the picture of Hildeagrd with her quilt. I have printed it off and will cherish it forever! I miss you all so much!

Linda,

I am pretty sure you surpassed learning already! (wink)

Virginia, WOW! That is some compliment...WOW! Thank you!

Sherry !!!!!!! Wow and WOWWEEE!!!!!

That is just AWESOME! Beautiful - once again you have out done yourself..

HOW can you keep out-doing yourself??? Where will you be able to go with

this? Your work is just great! I am so glad that you share these wonderful

ideas with us - Thank-you! I bow to your greatness!!:D I mean it! :D

You are that good!!:D

Archived