Test your memory

Does anyone remember who we made a quilt for on the forum and the request was to make a 10 or 10 1/2 inch block using jewel tones. It's not the quilt we made for Patty Jo but for someone else. I want to make the block (whirly gig) I made in the quilt but can't remember how. My block was red/white/blue. The pattern is made from 1 1/2 inch strips and that's why I can't seem to find it. All the whirlygig patterns I see join in the center but this has its own block as the center and you have to add pieces on the 4 corners to complete a square. I know this is as clear as mud but I am really stumped. Hope someone can help me out. I did see a pix of the finished quilt but can't remember if it was an email or on this forum. Thanks for you help!!!

Kristina-you are the best!!! Thanks a million for finding the pix. Bonnie stuck in my mind and I went through her posts but couldn't get a handle on where it would be. Thanks you so very much!!! Now I have to remember how to cut and construct the center. Note to self-don't throw any patterns away!!!

Nether-in-law5, yes that is the one. I can't remember if I cut the snowball block and such or sew the piece on then cut. I know I have to do a partial start or something like that. You strip piece the r/w/blue then cut 90 degree triangles out and use everyother one so they are the same. The remaining triangles can be used for another (opposite) block. How you start sewing and measuring is the tricky part without directions. I'm pretty sure it is 10 or 10 1/2 inches when done. I know you cut two blocks of white for the four corners and subcut the two squares so you get 4 triangles. I have seen lots of whirlygigs but none like this one. If you have a pattern I'd love to have it. Sounds like Lori would like it too. Thanks a lot!!!

Archived