bringing bobbin thread to the top

Ladies , I have just done my first quilt YEA YEA . I have a client bringing me 3 quilts on Sunday my first paying client . YEA :P yep 3 quilts :P

so today when pppp I tried to bring up the bobbin thread after completing a block , it won't come up ! What am I doing wrong ? I do know how to bring it up when you first start quilting . Please help ! For I know this client will want her threads buried not just backstitched . I must listen to what my clients wants ;) Thanks

Let me see if I am understanding you correctly. After stitching the block, before cutting any threads you can't bring up the bobbin thread?

After the last stitch, I push the machine away several inches, then bring it back to the same spot. Use the single stitch to make one full stitch, then pull up on the needle thread, this should bring up your bobbin thread. Then just snip both threads with a long enough tail to tie and bury.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Patty

Carol you do have to move the machine far enough to make nice thread tails. I move mine about 12 inches away, come back make a single stitch and pull up the bottom thread and you will now have a big loop. Cut so it is about 6 inches long and pull the machine away again on one side of the loop will be pulled under........................this is the thread that is still attached to the bobbin of the machine. The other side is your thread end of your line of stitching. Now make a knot close to your top and use a self threading needle and pull the thread into the quilt, give a little tug to pull the knot under and snip you thread that comes out of the top! Done!

Carol,

Just another thought--if you are using the lower thread cutter after you've completed quilting, sometimes it will not leave a long enough "tail" for the machine to pick up when you want to draw up the bobbin thread.

Be sure to move the machine that 8-12 inches away (or whatevery distance you've decided so that you can bury the thread tails) and then use the lower thread cutter. This ensures that the tail will be long enough to pick up.

Dawn

Archived