one more avatar test

MaryLou, Wishing I could help you. I did get mine on the chat.. let me think. I believe we are to open a reply, or Topic block, that is under the last message at the far right side of the page.. then you put the link into the place where they say to put it.

Do NOT use preview.. Do NOT use the reply in this box... uuummmm That is all I can think of right now.. not much, wish it were more. You may have to resize, smaller, bigger, etc.. It's been so long.. hope I'm not steering you wrong!

The way I did it:

Uploaded my avatar pic to my picasa album. Use your favorite online album.

Right clicked on the uploaded image, selected Properties.

In the Properties Popup window, right click on the Location link, choose Select All; right click again and click Copy.

Go to Edit Profile in APQS User Control Panel. Paste this in your Avatar URL field.

Go to the bottom and click Edit Profile (saves changes). If you don't do this, it doesn't save.

I have a Mac. Don' t know if it's the same for PCs.

Thank you Rita and Cathey. I have a Mac also. I've tried flickr, photobucket and now have been trying from webshots. Problem is when I paste the link into the avatar box and click edit profile, it just doesn't seem to save the change. Some little I'm getting wrong surely. I should probably just get back to Madam Millie for more ppp...and forget this silliness. You all are so wonderful though...it's so cool you are out there.

make sure you are copying and pasting the link address that starts with "http"....some photo storage sites have two different address...

also, double check which size you are copying. the forum will only accept images that are less than 100 x 100 pixels....

also- you don't have to post a new thread to check if the picture is there...it'll pop up in your User Control Panel page. it also plugs it in ALL your past posts....

Archived