NEWly designed POCKET GUIDES to FREEHANDING

Darlene Epp

They're finally here! The NEWly designed set of 3 Pocket Guides to Freehanding are hot off the presses. The first 200 were mailed out yesterday.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Pocket Guides, you can go here to read all about them.

http://trilliumhousedesigns.com/PocketGuidesToFreehanding.htm

While I'm at it I may as well announce that I've SOLD my mail order business and web site http://www.longarmsupplies.com to a friend and longarm colleague, Linda Lang. She lives about 1/2 hour from where I'm moving to in the next month so I'll still have quick access to all the great threads & "stuff".

Now for the pics.

Here are some sample pages. You can see how easy it is to coordinate the designs for different areas of the quilt, whether you need "Meanderings", "Textures & Fillers", or "Borders & Sashings", almost 150 possibilities are within the pages of these 3 books.

They're laminated to withstand coffee spills, and coil bound to lay open and flat, and NOW they're brightly colored so you can find them! The insides have changed too. The text has now been done by computer so you don't need to struggle to read my hand printing. ;) This is a good thing!

And for those of you who thought I must be left handed, I've redrawn many of them to start on the left instead of the right. As before, if you quilt from a different direction, just turn the book upside down. :cool:

Darling Darlene, these are the best books I've ever bought and refer to them when I get what I call brain freeze quilting...hehe I run out of ideas and these are great for kicking my brain into gear...these are in my studio at easy acess for doing all my freehand work. Awaiting any NEW ones coming out put me first in line.

Thanks so much for sharing your brain with us that have no imagination...:P

Darlene,

I received my books today. I just LOVE them. What a great idea to make them small and flippable (is that a word?). I am starting at the beginning and ppp'g. The butterfly is giving me fits. I seem to always draw it upside down.

I used to be just awful at feathers and thought there was no hope. I can do them really well now, so I will keep on trying. (Used books by Sherry and Susan for feathers.)

Thank you for the lovely books.

Hugs, Joy

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback. It means a lot! The Heirloom Feathers Pocket Guide is back from the printers, but the Workbook is STILL in the works! Please be patient (I'M TRYING!) and I'm sure you'll find these books worth the wait. I've taken the Heirloom Feather to new heights!! You'll see how some new techniques can give your feathers added dimension and NEW excitement!! A "feather" isn't just a "feather" anymore! ;)

The book is called "Heirloom Feathers ~ FREEHAND, Formal & Fanciful". FREEHAND all the way, and YES, ANYONE can do these feathers! Many don't require any back tracking over the "hump" but still have that gorgeous heirloom look. :)

I hope to get many of the designs digitized for the CQ next year, after I get moved and settled, which seems to be taking forever!!:o

Archived