has anyone quilted Rhythm of the Sea?

Hi Annie,

I haven't quilted that pattern,(here's a photo link - http://www.thefabricdeli.com/McKenna-Ryan-Rhythm-of-the-Sea_p_1511.html#) but have done similar ones. I think if I was to do it, I would mostly stitch-in-the-ditch and echo around the major objects; then do texture fills for the water and sky. I can't tell if the border fabric is pine trees or undersea theme, but that is where I'd focus a special quilting design -- using contrasting thread with a tree or marine design. I don't know how to 'paint' to show designs on the forum, but if you want pattern resources, I can give you those.

Thanks Joan. None of the applique has been stitched, so I'm planning to use monofilament to stitch around the edges of all the pieces. Maybe an echo just outside them too?

Some sort of filler for the water and sky. I expect to need to stitch in some of the applique to pin it down, so things like bark on the tree trunks. There's an octopus overlapping the lower corner and borders, so I'm thinking a marine theme in the border. Don't know what. Guess it will come to me....

Archived