Perfect Circle

Hi Everyone,

I've been out of touch for a long while but I'm getting back into the game these days. I've just ordered 4 of Myrna's DVD's to help me out with the HF as well as other techniques but have a couple of questions about the new HF Perfect Circle:

1)Does anyone know if it possible to just purchase the base? I have the original HF so it seems a bit silly to have to purchase the whole set again.

2)Is the Circle Maker arm the same size as the one for the original HF? I have been doing a few really big quilts (2.5+ metres across) and having problems "circling" on the right border of the quilts because the arm hits the leg of the machine. Perhaps there is a shorter idler arm or CM arm to use?

Thanks for your comments!

Elita

Hi Myrna,

I mean that slimmer tray-like piece with the wheels & brake that the Circle Maker bit gets attached to.

It's possible to move the fence to the other side? I didn't even think of that! Duh. Would imagine that it's pesky to move the idler arm though perhaps still a better option. Thanks for that input.

Cheers,

Elita

I am still a little confused. The Perfect Circle is like the Hartley Fence except smaller. So if you want the slimmer on you would need to purchase that on.

Yes it is possible to put the fence on the other side I have done it many times. If you have the adapter you will need to turn it as well. What year is your machine?

Hiya,

Sorry to be confusing. I've attached a picture so you can see which piece I mean but it looks like I'd have to purchase the whole set anyway.

I have a 2006 "Green" Millie. She's great, already plumbed for European 220v.

http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/72/72/9/65/14/2657965140105041459TJtlCi_th.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Elita

Archived