LA & disabilities

A suggestion ---try out the saddle stool before you buy if you can. I tried one for awhile at MQS 2 different years and when I was at a class at APQS in DesMoines. They were not for me -- I had major leg surgery many years ago and the sitting position or something made my leg hurt, another friend with arthritis in her legs has told me that she can't one also. As usual what works for one doesn't always work for everyone. jeri

I get this catalog "HomeTrends" and in the newest one there is a three legged Roll Around Chair #502016 for $39.95 which I am thinking of ordering. The phone number is 1-800-810-2340. The chair adjusts from 29" to 34" and supports up to 250 lbs. Some assembly is required. I have been working on more quilts and do get tired of standing. I mainly do pantos as i am not good enough yet to do freemotion. I do have an office chair that adjusts in height but it is rather clumsy.

Janet,

Linda posted a link to one in her post above. Here's a link to one I found when I Googled "saddle seat" instead of "saddle stool". This one has the choice of colors and can get with or without a back, and can get the height adjustment on a ring underneath it instead of a handle directly under the seat itself. Also, Mary Beth mentioned that they have them on Ebay, too.

http://www.bambach.com.au/wr/index.htm

Marion,

I've noticed the stool you are talking about in different catalogs and thought about getting one for my kitchen since I have a hard tme standing up long. I have to do my extensive cooking in stages so I can sit down and rest my back. There is just a little stooping involved at my counters because I am so tall so it's hard on my back. I hadn't thought about these stools for LA. Thanks for the hint, let us know if you get it and it works!

Archived