**Update** Problem solved re::: Need to adjust or fix turbo bobbin winder...

Shana, there is a screw in the curved piece of metal that wraps around the bobbin - it locks down the pin that rides against the filling thread. Loosen the screw, move the pin, tighten screw - easy peasy!;)

Yeah, sorry Barb I should have already mentioned that I have been adjusting that screw and pin you mentioned all morning and it still doesn't want to shut off... The spindle thingy slows, stops, starts spinning again (while winding bobbin).. I am thinking it's the spindle needs tweaking? How do I do that?

Shana, My bobbin was also spinning on spindle and not winding properly. I found a tiny rubber washer off of something (?) that fits perfectly on spindle and fixed my problem.

However, I have to babysit my bobbin winding because the thread builds up too much on one side and won't move back and forth to fill unless I push thread while winding. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

OK... just an update..

The fix was a combination of Barb's suggestion PLUS Heidi's suggestion.

Heidi, I added the strip of blue painter's tape to the spindle and... after two bobbin fill tests, I also adjusted the pin and now.. IT WORKS LIKE NEW AGAIN.

Thanks to Barb and to Heidi (and Susan) for their advice.

Archived