RAISING THE BARS.............And......IT'S DONE !

Since putting on the M & M wheels, I find my leveler bar and the front top bar need to be raised a bit. I looked in the manual, but can't seem to find how to do it.

Any instructions from those who have done this would be a great help.

I wanted to use my CH tools from Linda R today, but couldn't because the Hartley base wouldn't go under. :( It would be nice to be able to quilt close to the front bar as well before the base hitting on it.

THANKS !!!! ;);););););)

Linda, you have to remove the rollers to raise them. The eye bolt that the rollers go into can be unscrewed some to raise the rollers up. You need to make sure you turn them equal amounts on each end so that the roller stays level side to side. You don't need to raise the leveling roller equal amounts to the quilt top roller, just make sure that each side of each roller is equal. Boy, I hope that made sense!

The large black wrench tool that came with your machine has a smaller side that fits the nut under the eye bolt, loosen that and raise the bolt.

I have the black wrench and turned the nut on the eye bolt to the left about 2 turns, but then it wouldn't go any farther. I tried to raise the eye bolt some, but it wouldn't budge. HOW do I take the rollers off ??? This is probably sooooo simple, but I can't figure it out. Step by step please ??? :o

At the end of the leveling roller, left side standing at the front of the machine, is a bolt that screws into the end of the roller. Take this out of the end, the roller will be released at that end from the eye bolt. The other end just slides through the eye bolt. Remove the roller and then loosen the nut, then you can unscrew the eye bolt to raise it up.

On the quilt top roller, you will need to first remove the silver round Knob on the right side. You need a hex key to loosen the set screw in the knob, then slide the knob off. Now follow above directions to remove roller and raise eye bolt.

When I put on my edgerider wheels I had to raise my leveling bar the whole way up. Now I have the leader grips and there isn't enough room for those to clear without popping. I just had my husband buy a spacer nut to raise them just a little more. Not too much though, your quilt will bounce out of control when quilting if it's too much clearance.

I got my roller bars raised this morning - thanks to Patty's great instructions and my DHs tool box. ;)

I now have a good 4" more quilting space that I can quilt up closer to both bars without hitting them. 1/4" was all I needed. Tested the CH tools and they work fine as well. With the M & M wheels, my QZ boards work better too. I was able to put back the black panels that came with Millie and remove the thinner plexiglass sheets I improvized with.

Life is good when things work right ! :D

Archived