Healthy lifestyle 7/4 thru 7/9

No food in the house...now hows that for staying in control.......now serious...today back to using the point tracker...shopping for some healthy fruits etc. No plans so I cant get into to much trouble...I am even going to do a quilt today...have a couple of things people want for the fair in mid july....

This could be a BAAAD 4th for me. Our son and family are coming out later for hamburgers/brats. I made potato salad, deviled eggs, mac and cheese.....:(.......... Hope there aren't too many leftovers. Some I can send home with them. I'll skip the brat and go for the hamburger. PORTION CONTROL, PORTION CONTROL !!!!! :P

Had our 5 and 7 year old grand daughters for overnight. Fluffy Pancakes and strawberries for breakfast then on to the 4th of July parade in our small town of 25,000. More entries, old cars, horses, flags, pennantsand streamers than ever before.

Several groups on flatbeds playing and singing patriotic songs and the parade watchers singing along as they passed. There were some groups of older vets and it was awesome to see their faces as people would give them "thumbs up" and call out "Thank You" to them.

Of course they threw candy to the kids along the route and handed out cold water bottles to everyone.

Patriotism may be a politically incorrect dirty word to some in Washington DC but here in small town America we love our flag and wave it high as we thank those who have helped to keep us free.

Originally posted by sharni

Had our 5 and 7 year old grand daughters for overnight. Fluffy Pancakes and strawberries for breakfast then on to the 4th of July parade in our small town of 25,000. More entries, old cars, horses, flags, pennantsand streamers than ever before.

Several groups on flatbeds playing and singing patriotic songs and the parade watchers singing along as they passed. There were some groups of older vets and it was awesome to see their faces as people would give them "thumbs up" and call out "Thank You" to them.

Of course they threw candy to the kids along the route and handed out cold water bottles to everyone.

Patriotism may be a politically incorrect dirty word to some in Washington DC but here in small town America we love our flag and wave it high as we thank those who have helped to keep us free.

I think it is so funny that so many of the high and mighty actors, activists and so forth who were going to leave this country are still here !!!! Patriotism is alive and well for most of the county - only those select few who choose to thumb their noses at it I wish they would leave ! :D

Have a terrific 4th of July - GOD BLESS THE USA !!!!!

Well I ended up working in the yard today for about 2 hours and worked up a good sweat. I figure that was a good workout. My mother and daughter ended up coming over. Mom, a neighbor and I ended up getting in the pool. That felt wonderful! I swam a few laps so a little more exercise. I threw together a dinner of hamburgers, red beans and rice and baked beans and corn too. Nothing fancy and no fuss. It turned out to be a good day. I also worked on my future granddaughters bumper pads. I have 15 embroideries to go! LOL nothing to much for my grandbaby! They are going to be so cute I can hardly wait to get them all done.

Archived