Freedom has arrived

I installed the new Freedom I ordered on the rails yesterday. My husband asked if it would be quieter than the 2005 Millie. I said no. Boy was I wrong. The chirping is much quieter and so is the motor. Am going to love driving this one!!! Unfortunately, I broke an o-ring on the IQ so can't use my machine until I get that fixed and then recheck the IQ system and make sure all is well. Found out that the RulerMate extended plate for the Millie works fine on the Freedom. Saved $150. Yeah!!

Lisa, did you get the heebeegeebees when you looked at the left handle control and it had three black buttons instead of the colored ones. I was a little freaked and felt as though my friends were gone. Guess I better get used to it!!! I'll have to use IQ if I want channel locks.

I'm in heaven with my Freedom,, Quilt Glide, IQ and Bliss. Freehand is awesome and IQ is easy and accurate. Love it!

You don't need channel locks with the Freedom because the IQ gives you a horizontal and vertical channel lock. Also for stitching in the ditch you can leave your second set of wheels down, (not go into manual mode) and it gives you a wonderful bit of resistance to stitch in the ditch. I also use the front laser holder to pinpoint my needle hole for placement of boundaries or as they call it placing a block.

Archived