Blissed, Glided, and Myrna-rized in a New Studio

Hi, All! Going to see if I can help with the table questions....

The leveler roller should be about 1/2" off the throat of the machine...I would adjust it without a quilt on, because the thickness of the quilt sandwich can vary so much, that would be hard to set a standard using the quilt as a base. You just want to make sure that it is close enough to the machine to keep the sandwich from 'bouncing' as you quilt, but far enough away that you don't feel it pinching as you move the machine from side to side.

Also, you should check to make sure that the leveler roller is not bowing in the center - since it is supported only at the ends of the table, and doesn't have the constant tension of the quilt sandwich pulling on it, it can bow over time - especially the longer length tables. If you turn the leveler roller while standing at the end of the table, it should turn evenly - not look like the center is moving front to back. If you do see a bow in the roller - just mark the 'high' side with a piece of painter's tape, and keep that tape on the top as you are quilting....over time, the roller will straighten back out again!

The truss bar that you are talking about SHOULD be lower in the center than it is on the sides - that is what puts the pressure upwards on the center of the table to keep it from bowing. Like a truss on a bridge? Depending on how much it takes to get the rails level will make a difference on how much space there is between the rail and the truss bar.

The question about the quilt top roller is a little harder to answer....again, like the leveler roller, you want it to help keep the quilt sandwich level, and not bouncy as you quilt....but not so low that it binds on the machine when you are quilting close to the quilt top/back rollers. Customers with expanded bases sometimes have to raise that roller up a bit to get the base underneath the quilt top roller.

If you don't have your quilt stretched super-tight on the table (which you shouldn't anyway, right?), the quilt top roller height is not going to make as much of a difference than the leveler roller will...

Hope that helps answer your questions.....we're always here to help if you need us....just give us a call!;)

Amy...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU. That does answer my questions. I think I am in good shape except for the leveler bar. Mine is a bit high, but I don't notice any bouncing. When I get this quilt off I will check that out again and try it a little lower. Geez...if it's high now think how high it was before the M&M wheels.

Archived