Baby name change

I have a friend/customer/business associate that I quilt for. She has an upstart pattern design company and was commissioned to design/produce a baby quilt. The baby's name was embroidered in the center of the quilt. No problem, but then the baby was coming early and grandma was traveling earlier and...I needed to do a one day turnaround on this quilt so she could bind and ship it out. This is the message I got yesterday from my friend....

So you won't believe this! I bind that "Angel Marie" quilt and ship it the next day. Last night I get a text from grandma that after a few days of calling the baby "Angel" they decide it's not a good name and change the baby's name!

She was pissed at them and told them what was coming and that they could explain it to her someday.

Lol!

How funny. I feel grandma's pain.

Donna

have to chime it ... several years ago i gave birth to my baby girl and I had already picked out her name ... Elizabeth but I really really really wanted to call her Betsy ... and told everyone I knew that 'Betsy" was coming ... had little bloomers monogrammed with 'Betsy' ... little piggie bank with "Betsy" on the side ... "Betsy" bibs, the whole ball of wax ... and MIL even had expensive cross-stitch name wall-hanging framed and gave it to us for our little "Betsy" ... and after 2 weeks of cooing 'Betsy' it became obvious that she just wasn't a Betsy ... this was Elizabeth, definitely Elizabeth. I didn't return the items, and today they are a keepsake and good for story-telling of how our little Betsy just wasn't to be. she's Elizabeth. Funny how this happens. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I kept all the 'betsy' items and still have a good laugh with Elizabeth over how her name just didn't fit. She loves the story!

As for your customer, tell her to relax and not sweat it. No need to do it over. It will be a reminder that sometimes we just don't even know what our children's names are suppose to be!

Archived