How to quilt in the sashing

I'm working on a quilt which has 9" squares set 7 blocks x 7 and sashing 1.25" wide and contrast corner posts. I'm ready to quilt a leaf pattern in the sashing and TTs in the corners stones with the same thread, so a contrast.

I can't work out how to travel thru these sashings and corner posts with the minimum number of stops and starts.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Hi Anne,

To do a continuous design through the TT's in the cornerstones you will need to stitch the TT's and then SID the cornerstone seams from your end corner to the place you will start your next sashing stitching. TT's are "stand alone" designs when there is only one--you start and stop in the same corner. Instead of the TT's, perhaps do an inside/outside spiral so you can come in at one side and out at the other. Then you can stitch all horizontal sashings and when you do the vertical sashings and come to the spirals, sneak around the spiral with an added outside line or actually stitch on the last line of the spiral to get to the next sashing. Clear as mud?

Or just continue your leaf design into the cornerstones.

Archived