I fixed it!!!!

Whew! I just fixed my first timing issue. I got a rag caught in the bobbin casing while cleaning, and threw off my timing! I was stitching along on a practice piece (thank goodness it wasn't a customer quilt) and noticed that I was skipping stitches, and thought oh no, now what. I did my research and saw the dreaded word "timing"! I spent the whole afternoon reading and rereading and watching my maintenance video, and it turns out all I had to do was adjust the needle shaft a little bit, and now everything is working great again! I am so proud of myself for fixing something and not blowing up the machine!!! ha ha! Just wanted to share!

Barb:)

Great job Barb, now will you come fix mine. IT has never skipped stitches before. I loaded that monster customer quilt and guess what, skipped stitches big time. Any time I push away from me (standing in the front of the machine). DH and I took the thing apart, used a flashlight to try to adjust the timing according to the pictures that came with the machine and it is still doing it. The only thing I can think of is that the batting is the problem, but that doesn't seem right. It is just polyester medium loft batting. So. . . that quilt is on hold right now until I can figure out what is wrong with my machine.

Archived