I love my MILLI

I just have to say, I tried quilting with a friend's machine today. She was having trouble with tension and asked if I could come help her. We got the tension good, and then she asked me to show her how I do feathers. You should have seen the feathers I turned out:P:P I could not get a smooth curve, and you can forget retracing on the bump. It was hilarious. I told her no wonder she can't do feathers. She has a computer set up, so I'm sure she'll just have use that when she wants feathers.

Now I understand why people are so excited about the bliss system when they first try it!!

Well, this is timely. I got my Millenium with M&M wheels at the beginning of the summer, and for one reason or another, never got the "introductory" lesson until a week ago. I'd been messing about doing pantographs and ruler work, but it was taking a lot of muscle to try to move. I'd balanced the wheels on the carriage so they matched the ones on the machine, so at least I got more-or-less smooth movement, but a lot of my curves looked like stairsteps. I figured you ladies had your own special line of spanx - to hide bulging biceps. Changing direction was HARD.

When I used the dealer's machine, it was shocking how much more easily it moved than mine. Same wheels - hers wasn't blissed - and she wasn't doing anything special with it. Turns out there was a bad wheel bearing in one of the wheels on my machine. Dawn sent me replacement axles, I got them last night and got them on the machine this morning, and have had a grin a mile wide on my face. NOW I can do feathers and freehand stuff with no trouble at all - if she's really having trouble, she may want to get in touch with APQS to see if something's really wrong.

Archived