Want storage ideas for Circle Lord design boards

There have been a couple of discussions about storing the Circle Lord boards. I posted a picture of my storage solution, and Linnea posted hers. You can also search for other discussions, but here is the post with my picture. This works for me. Georgene has a very nice storage box, maybe she will jump in here and post a picture.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=25905&page=1#pid325730

I love the CL storage unit too. The dividers were built in when the unit was made.

Here's a link to the original discussion about the CL filing system with pictures that shows it in more detail, as well as who to contact for a pattern.\\

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=17430

Here is the link to Georgene's storage unit if I did this correctly. I love her unit and would love to have one for my studio someday.

I took Linnea's great idea and bought heavy metric shelving on wheels and DH cut plexiglass and drilled holes in top and bottom for the vertical shelves and attached them to top and bottom of shelving with zip ties that way the boards will slide in and out and stay separated. The boards stand up on their sides. I got my shelving from where my DH works but they have it at Lowes. Still haven't figured out how to post pics might work on that tonight if you need a picture.

Under my longarm frame I have the plastic cabintes with the drawers. I have them lined up side by side and back to back. I keep my long boards on top. The down side is that I have to move the ones on top of the stack to access the ones near the bottom. Unfortunately, I don't have much storage space, so I have to improvise. This does work for me, but really not a great set up.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. When my husband returns from Afghanistan, he is going to build me the box on casters...when I say I have a lot of boards, I mean a LOT...previously they were standing on end at the end of a cabinet up against a wall, but worry about them warping. I think storing them on their sides would be safer. I will post a pic when it is done. Thanks again!

Michelle

I am not too fancy about it, though the other storage thing look great. I lean my big boards up against the wall and the round templates go in a drawer. The CL thing itself sits under my machine on the floor. Always ready for action!

Michael told me the will not warp (they are so good!) but to lean them with the cut out designs facing the wall so as we lay them back down on the table, they flatten out and connect as they should. Hope I got that right.....

BTW: I have seen a big dish drain rack used well.

Archived