Jeanne and Judy (Lenni carriage)

Hi Jeanne and Judy

Well I finally got my lenni carriage and to be honest it is not going too great at the minute. Good job my husband is an engineer otherwise I would not have managed any of it. We had to adjust the stitch regulator positions quite alot to make it work, did you two also have to do that?

Also did either of you feel that the forward backward motion of the carriage was a little tight and stiff. If so did you need to adjust anything to make it a bit more free? (I am sure they will email me back soon with some advice)

I am not feeling the love at the moment !!! Sideways motion seems very smooth though (even though it is so obvious that my rails are not parallel at the ends so need to work on that)

So far it just feels heavy and stiff.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Janette - yes we did have to adjust the stitch regulator and it was a bit of a fiddle. Check that your carriage is square - mine was a bit out. Don't know if it received a whack in transit, or whether it came that way originally. Hubby unscrewed the bolts and squared the whole thing up and it moved freely. Also the horizontal wheels can be adjusted. On the side without the SR there are little adjusters that can be loosened or tightened. They are black and are located under the wheels. We fiddled with them to get the 'feel' that I liked.

Judy

Janette

I also had to mess with the stitch regulator like I had said it had to be adjusted out as it missed the rail altogether. My carriage was fine and ran smoothly in all directions. I had to adjust those bottom wheels that hold the machine to the frame. The stitch regulator on the carriage had to be turned around like I posted the picture which was opposite from the way I had it on the old carriage. Dont' worry a little adjusting to get it all lined up and you will be in Edgerider Heaven. I know you can do it. Just takes a little time and patience. I did mine myself, Patty helped me out on the phone a bit and it is working great. Good Luck!!

Thanks Jeanne and Judy, I knew it would be something simple to adjust. I think we (me and my husband) had just had enough by then to look any further (like under the wheels)

I'll try and adjust under the wheels on the frame and see if that loosens it up a bit.

Mine did take a bit of a knock in transit I am pretty sure because the screw holding the front stabiliser wheel was bent which would take alot to bend that big screw, and I had a job removing it from the wheel in order to get a new one. There was no packing in the box which could have avoided that issue.

The front bar was out of square but we didn't notice straight away until the wheels bowed. Ian adjusted the brackets though and that is fine now.

I am going to my studio this morning and will give it another go. Well done Jeanne for doing it yourself, I started on my own, and could not remove two of the original wheels so waited til hubby got home, then he struggled to remove the last wheel. Then we had to adjust the stitch regulators, not just turn them around like the photos in the instructions would suggest, but we had to move the encoder wheel across too. Ian had to file burs off the axle to move the collars accross, then file a bur off the stitch regulator shaft too otherwise things would not move accross. We got there in the end though.

Wish me luck then and hope that I get a smooth running machine sometime today.

Thanks for your quick replys (am still waiting for the rep and barna to get back to me)

So glad that you seem to have things working out now, I also had a time to get the old wheels off, but Hubby wasn't around so I found some vice grips and muscled it off. I hate doing that always afraid to break something. It does help to have two people to take it off and put it back on the carriage as well. Hubby helped me do that I could just see myself trying to do it alone and having it all end up on the floor. I would not be very happy with myself if that happened. Have you heard if Kathy got her shipment yet? she must be very anxious if yours came and hers hasnt made it yet.

Hi Jeanne,

Yes Kath got her carriage today and is currently trying to get her wheels off and waiting for help from her son.

I am now a happy bunny, as once I adjusted those horizontal wheels, things moved alot smoother, I couldn't believe the difference that alone made. I am sure I will need to tweak things more, and I knew that those wheels could probably be adjusted in some way. Thanks to you and Judy I did it.

I will post a picture later once I download it of the little doodle I impressed myself with !! LOL....

I think that the instructions could do with improving though as that would have saved alot of time and energy. Not to mention stress from my DH !!! I am so glad I had his help though.

Thanks. Yes I am getting excited to try out some more freehand !!! most of my customer work is pantograph based, but would really like to progress more personally with my freehand when I can.

Thanks for all good advice, this forum is the best......

Archived