need help w/ Stack a New Deck Quilt

Hi All.

I would love some help from all you experts! I have this wall hanging to quilt and it is going to hang in a corporate office. How would you quilt it? I would love to hear your ideas as I am not sure what to do. If it were in golds yellows oranges I would do some free hand sunshine-ish motifs but the colors are so intense!

Thanks for all your help!

Hi SCQ:

Beautiful quilt, I LOVE BATIKS......If this was a quilt I was quilting, I think I'd quilt some freehand spinners, playing off the circles. I think it needs a lot of movement.

If you have any of Diana Phillips books, her spinners are in them, can't remember offhand which one of her books. Maybe someone here can chime in and help out.

Thread: I can see some gorgeous Rainbow (Superior Threads) that would compliment the gorgeous batiks and add some sparkle to it too......

Let us know what you decide and pictures when your done.....:D

I would do freehand stuff like swirls and spikes. Here is something I did before I got my lonarm:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/1315388352053837050kJVtOP

It is sort of doodling with different swirls, spkes and things like that.

I would use the thin border to seperate the inner pannel form the rest. I would also play with the circular shapes that are there. I think a metallic, spakrley or varagated thread would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Books/DianaPhillips.asp Backgrounds and Overalls, Friendly Freehanding, Volume No. 4 looks like it might be the Diana Phillips book with the spikes and swirls. There are several books to choose from for machine quilting. Unfortunately, none of the books open online to check the contents. Would some of you recommend any of these books in particular? Your comments would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Vicki

Hi...thanks to the help of several of you nice ladies I have finally figured out how to shrink my photos so that apqs will post it here.......several of you have asked how that batik quilt turned out and here is a picture of one part of it....lighting not so great...I used a purple Isicord and it quilted up so great w/ no problems at all but is fairly subtle and doesn't show up great in the pics....it was really fun to do...got out my circle templates and just went a little crazy w/ fillers and lines.......

Archived