raising the bar

I would greatly appreciate any help you all could give me, on how to raise the leveler bar and the top fabric bar. They both prevent me from using the entire quilting space when I have the hartley extension base on. If possible pics would help as I am very mechanically ( as well as computer) challenged.:P

I also remember a post a while back about a different base that people were using. Can't remember the name of it, but everyone that used it seemed to like it. Anyone know what it's called, and does it go under the bars any easier?

Leslie,

I have the Rulermate from www.lovetoquilt.com and really like it. I leave it on all of the time. I haven't had any problems with it hitting my bars but that is more to do with their position than the base I would think. I think that you probably just need to raise the bars a little. I am not at home so can't go and check my machine but I think it is just a matter of removing the bars and turning the eye bolts, if that is what they are called. Make sure that you turn each one the same number of turns and raise them so you can get the base to slide just underneath. It would be much easier if you have a second pair of hands to help.

Sue

Leslie, you have to loosen the end of the roller with the allen wrench and slide it out and place it on the floor. You need two people to do this. Be careful because the rollers are heavy. I first place my machine at one end of the table, then I loosen the end with the allen wrench and pick up (carefully) the bar and put the bar on the floor. unscrew the big nut where the eye bolts are and you can turn those eye bolts to make them higher, then when they are both at the height youwant them to be (count how many rotations you turn the eye bolts) and I also test with a level to make sure they are the same height on both ends, then you can install the roller again and tighten down the big nuts and then tighten the end with the allen wrench. I hope that is clear as mud. LOL!

Archived