Apricot sauce for pork or chicken

ffq-lar

Apricot preserves

3/4 cup Dried apricots 10 or 12 halves

Slivered almonds 1/2 cup

Balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon

Pinch of salt or 1/2 teaspoon chicken base

Place the preserves in a small saucepan on medium heat. Snip the apricots into small pieces with kitchen shears and add to pan. As the glaze starts to bubble, stir in the vinegar and whichever "saltiness" you are adding. The mixture can bubble on medium until it reduces, thickens, and darkens a bit. Taste and adjust the flavor. I added a dribble more vinegar to cut the sweetness a bit. Add the slivered almonds. I browned two small pork tenderloins and placed them in a pan with about a half-inch separating them. I piled the sauce down the middle and baked at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Some of the sauce seeped out to the edge of the pan and started to caramelize and burn. I added a half cup of water to the pan at that time. The pork was just a delivery system for the glaze! :P

Well, I put the chicken in the oven. Cooked some apricots, hot water and sugar...then attempted to puree them in the blender. After cleaning the floor and mopping up apricot puree, I put it in a little crock pot to finish cooking.

Note to self: Do not puree hot fruit in a blender....let cool first.

Originally posted by Boni

Well, I put the chicken in the oven. Cooked some apricots, hot water and sugar...then attempted to puree them in the blender. After cleaning the floor and mopping up apricot puree, I put it in a little crock pot to finish cooking.

Note to self: Do not puree hot fruit in a blender....let cool first.

Sorry, Bonnie!

Sounds wonderful, Linda! I think I'll try it. Thick cut pork chops are one of my favorites. Usually with applesauce, but tonight I'm cooking some stuffed pork chops I bought that we always enjoy. I'm also baking some sweet potatoes (twice baked), whipped with brown sugar and plain yogurt. Plus we have a loaf of wheat grain bread. Good eatin' tonite!!

It's OK Linda, I could have driven to the store and bought preserves! I thought I'd just start from scratch with what I had on hand. The chicken is done to perfection...and the apricots are sweet. Now I'll just use 3/4 cup of the puree and follow your recipe. mmmmmmmmmm can hardly wait for DH to come in.

We may have to have this in December at the Moxie meeting.:D

Doesn't this look good enough to eat?

post--13461907533446_thumb.jpg

Archived