set up charge

Originally posted by njquiltergirl

In my first LA class, the instructor said we should be getting $35+ an hour. I got depressed about that. Another national instructor said she gets $65/hour! I wanted to quit right there. I get no where near either of those rates.....

Lisa, the "national Instructor" is probably one of those big show ribbon winners, so OK she can hike the price higher if her quilting is in demand by customers.

If this makes you feel better, I'm not a big show ribbon winner (don't really want to be either) but I am happy making the money I do make with my quilting. I try to keep track of my hours on the machine for each quilt and when I'm doing my invoice I have a place (on the side where customer can't see) where I enter the hours so I can get a ballpark average. Anyway, long story short, I probably average somewhere between $25-35 per quilt. That doesn't include my thread charge (which is usually around $10 or so-- I charge $2 per bobbin for my thread) or any other extra charges like batting or supplies, or if they want me to sew on the binding. That's completely separate. Hope that helps you feel better.

Archived