Have you ever overextended yourself?

Hi everybody,

I don't respond much...but the "overextension" issue made me decide to say something...

I also put out a deadline of November 15th for quilts coming in for holiday deadlines. I may make some exceptions for my long time customers...although they have all given me their gift quilts already...I plan on having ALL the quilts done by the first week of December. (believe me, there are lots of them!!!!)

I think it is good for us to be able to enjoy the holidays, and think ahead...I don't think it is wrong to ask our customers to do the same thing...If they are aware of a deadline, they are more apt to get the quilts to us sooner, rather than later.

This gives me a chance to get some of my gifts and projects done...(such a concept) I don't plan on taking any quilts then until after January 15th...That gives me some time to finish some of my quilts I NEVER get around to.

Happy Holidays to you all. Be sure to take some time to enjoy them...Believe me, the time we have with our family and friends is important and worth it...

Karen Burns

Compulsive QUilting

Carnation, Washington

Wow - I do like how Judy L. has her time planned out! Wish I could do it

like that too - but no - this is a slower time for my husbands work, so it is a

really good thing I am busy..... money, food, bills..... still need to take care

of all of that! It is a good feeling to have people wanting me to do their

quilts, I wasn't this busy last year. Everytime I get one or 2 done, 1, 2 or

3 more come in! Still loving it! :D

I had planned on being done by Dec. 15th but I am a week behind right

now, if I get caught-up again I will have time to do something of mine! Yes!

I already have Jan. full and a couple of for Feb. Busy, busy!!

Archived