Best 2 templates to order

hovindw

I remember agonizing over this same decision. I use #20 the most. It's the beadboard because of the border work. I also ordered the crosshatch template with one inch on one side and 1/2 on the other. I do have some of the templates, but haven't really used them yet. Cindy Thompson is an expert with this. She'll probably chime in soon.

I like the spirographs and the eccentric tool.

I am going to order the spiro tool with the quiltazoid. I thought that it was very versatile. I don't mind doing ruler-work for beadboard borders, so I am not sure if I should get that one right away. The crosshatch template is tempting but I don't think that it is one of my options for the two extra templates.

Thanks for your advice.

Winona

I have decided that one of my free boards will be the pinched square spiral because I saw a quilt done using that in alternating squares with the spiro attachment and know that I have quite a few quilts that I can do that on.

And after looking at photos of quilts quilted with the quiltazoid I think that I might use the beadboard and crosshatch quite a bit. If you had to choose, would you get the beadboard first or the 1/4" crosshatch?

Thanks,

Winona

Winona,

I would do the double sided cross hatch. It has the most commonly used sizes on it for cross hatching and you could also use that for beadboarding. I do a lot of small work and have used my 1/4" templates a lot but not everybody does that. You can also use this board to do bigger by skipping say 1 for 1/2" or 2 for 3/4" but that does get old if you're doing a lot of it. You could tape off of the ones you don't use. In that case I would probably get the beadboarding board.

LibbyG...you crack me up!:D

I'm no expert, but I'll chime in. :) Winona, you cannot go wrong with the Pinched Square Spiral or the Beadboard. Great choices! You'll want to branch out to others once you get your feet wet with these.

I do use Regal a lot as it seems to go with the themes/blocks certain customers use in their quilts. I like to use parts (like the corners) of it to enhance blocks, too. You might want to try one of the border templates also. They are very easy to use and go fast across the borders. I use the floral border the most of those templates. Whatever you choose, have fun with it! I'm hooked!

I did a little research before I decided to go with the Quiltazoid and I couldn't find anyone that posted that they were unhappy with their quiltazoid. I thought that it must be good because usually you find people with complaints about products.

I have just ordered it and can't wait until I receive it to try it out!;)

Winona

Archived