IRONS

tinams

I also have one of those Black and Decker chrome and black irons. I've seen Alex use one like it on her show. I have had mine for years and it has given me no trouble at all.

I also have had a Rowenta for about 6 months and it's a jewel, so far.

Prior to buying the Rowenta, I bought a Bernina iron, but don't use it because of the cord. It has a 3 pronged, very thick cord, which weighs a lot and gets in the way. However, of all my irons, it gets the hottest. Someday I'll figure out a solution to the cord problem. I've tried several things, but none worked yet.

Does anyone use the pressing machine from Penney's? I have seen it on line with them for $69. Looks pretty nice, but I wonder how does one iron a large piece of fabric with it without getting it all wrinkled up as you progress further down the fabric. Maybe I'm not understanding the concept and it is to be used only for long, narrow stuff, ie pants, etc. It is said to work really well with t-shirt quilts to adhere the stabilizer.

Feedback, anyone?

Thanks

Gracious

I have been using a Sunbeam "Steam Master" for several years and it is great. It has three steam settings as well as a spray feature on the front. It was not expensive like the professional ones. It is just the right weight that I don't get wrist fatigue when pressing yards and yards of fabric. I have no complaints at all and would recommend it. I do have another model of Sunbeam bought at about the same time that does not have the same steaming features and it is OK but not great.

Archived