Moxie mini-meeting in January

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Debbie thanks for thinking of me. When my plans seemed to be cancelled, DH cancelled his so we are not coming into town afterall. I am really disapointed to not see you all and I also needed some wide backing fabric for a couple of pieces and wanted to use my 40% coupon but alas I will just have to order it. If you do have lunch, have a great time and I'll look forward to seeing you in the spring.

Guest Linda S

I managed to make it home today -- new storm was due to blow in with high winds and lots more rain, so when I got up and saw the highway was open, I high-tailed it home. I have never seen such flooding devastation in our area. The Mary's River in Corvallis was awful. Lots of folks who have drainage ditches along the road in front of their houses are going no where for sure, because there is so much water. Now the tree roots will be soaked and more trees will come down. I am so glad to be home. Crashed on the couch this afternoon and can't wait to sleep in my own bed without feeling like the windows and walls are going to come in on me at any moment. It was SCARY!! I too think it's best we all stay home!

Hey guys.... I am going to Fabric Depot to pick up an order. I need to eat at some point, let's do a micro mini meeting for those that live real close!!! I will check the chat in the a.m. to see whats up. If you send me a U2U, I can call you. Bekah, you should have my number.

Well its a good thing it didn't work out for me to come tomorrow to the Moxie meeting, a LA quilter friend of mine from Bend called this afternoon, her machine needed to be sent in for a spa treatment, and so tomorrow she's coming and using my machine (FABIO) to do a couple customer quilts..... I no longer quilt for customers and with the Red Snappers I can take off my quilt and work on my own stuff while she gets hers done.... WIN WIN ....

You girls if any of you do get together tomorrow, have a great time and we'll see you in the springtime sometime soon...

Linda S. glad you got home safe and sound

Lynda N. stay home where your safe ... :-)

HAPPY QUILTING ...

I talked to Nancy tonight and we made an executive decision. Anyone that can and wants to come, we will be meeting at Acupulco Resturant off 205 on Washington. Go east on Washington and you will see it on the right. It is in the same center as Big Lots, and The Dollar store.

It is a straight shot from there to Fabric Depot for anyone that needs to go there afterwards. Hope some of you will get to join us. Everyone else please stay safe and warm and hope to see y'all next time.

I will open up my house in March if you would like to come. I'll cook if someone else can be the hostess and come up with a really nifty project to do. LOL

Debbie

Hi guys I haven't been out here for a loooooooooooooooong time but am missing you all so had to check if a meeting I missed as well guess the weather shot a lot of you down but Feb 11 will work for me love to you all I've been doing my own stuff not much quilting around here for me anyway.

been working on the "Right, Left, Center, Pass" quilts from the game so many moons ago at Debbie's there are now three :D:D:D of them one finished, one on my machine, and one waiting PLUS there will be an uncertain bunch of 9 patch tablerunners with the balance of the 2.5 in squares that I cut from all the strips. But I had to stop and make the yo-yo quilt that was on the cover of American patchwork and quilting last fall I handmade 479 yoyos and hand sewed them on 21 strips of fabric and have decided the quilting will take place with my BSR on bernina 3 cause I don't want to squish all the yoyos in the take up roller. so I'm crazy oh well short trip

love to you all and hope to see soon

mwl

Archived