Moxie mini-meeting in January

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we are being hammered right now with high, high winds and buckets of rain. Highways to Portland are currently closed due to fallen trees so not sure I'll make it over the mountains for Saturday or not. I think it will be a last minute decision. We're not sure how much longer we'll have power.

Linda R., I here you got dumped on with snow, I hope you are warm and well.

Take care everyone.

Let's see how it goes and try for 1 pm at The Ram. That way no one has to rush. I'll make a last minute reservation but I bet they will be glad to see us.

Weather here is blizzard-y. We got dumped on--10 inches of snow overnight, I limped into work at 5:30 am and when I looked at my previously snow-free car at 10 am it was a white mound with 7 inches of snow on top. I made it home OK at 2pm thanks to Denny and his tractor clearing the entire driveway for me.

We didn't get the wind storm the Oregon coast got pummeled by--they had gusts up to 100 mph. Stay safe everyone!

It still snowing here, but it doesn't seem to be accumulating much anymore. I'm staying on the hill where the only time I go out is to feed ponies. When it finally stops, I want to do some snow shoeing and cross-country skiing. Seems like the perfect weather for it.

I've been hearing about the winds and also an ice storm. YIKES!! Be safe everyone!!

Linda R and everyone,

They are predicting heavy rain and flooding over the next three days here in Portland. Everyone really needs to stay safe so I am wondering if we should delay for one week? This weather never lasts long. I hate to think of anyone out on the freeways with the water accumulating in those horrible grooves. Thoughts?????

Lots of rain and standing water around here. The town of Turner (SE of Salem) is being evacuated as they have more than 3 ft of water standing there. Down in Albany (35 mi. S of Salem) a car was swept by moving water into a creek and they found a child's body and the mom is still missing. The dad and one child made it out. So Sad. The next 7 days are calling for rain. I'll have to see what Saturday brings to know if I'll be there. I hope it is ok, but ?????:(

Guest Linda S

We are stuck over in Waldport. All routes into the Willamette Valley are closed due to flooding, mudslides, or accidents, so I don't think I can even get home by Saturday. We'll see! Fortunately, no one had rented the house here after us, so we can stay.

Hi Moxies .....

Sure hate to do this, I live over here in central Oregon, just south of Sunriver, I always come over Mt. Hood. It's a fast 3.5 hour drive for me when the weather is good, and I had wanted to make a round/trip in one day.....

So, I've decided to not come for obvious reasons, weather everywhere is not good.....flooding, that family in Albany I saw last night on the news made me cry ..... HOW SAD!!!

Linda S.....you hunker down over there at the coast, stay warm & dry, hope you have enough tequila for "medicimal purposes" ... LOL!!!

Hopefully we can get together in a couple weeks or so....Here's hoping .... :D:D:D

I'm lurking...just read this whole thread like a newspaper...yep, I was heading to Salem this morning and decided to turn around and go back home. Too much high water for my comfort level. I'll be watching to see when you guys decide on the next one. I'm sort of busy for the next two months and don't have a lot of free time. If it hadn't been for the weather this week, we could have had a meeting! It changed so fast!

Ok I am in total agreement that we should cancel this weekend as much as I want to see everyone. Linda S. stay put and dry and warm and I am glad you can have the house longer. Linda A. glad that you are on a hill but please keep a careful watch on it. Lynda N be careful coming to Portland. Not sure I can make it on the 11th but think so. We know that we all get together soon so lets all stay dry tomorrow. Just my two cents

Cathi and I can still make lunch if some are still planning to come to Portland. I will check later tonight to see if the meeting is totally cancelled.

Linda N, we could meet you somewhere for lunch if you would like. Even by Fabric Depot if you were planning to stop there on your trip to town.

I don't have any show and tell this time but love hearing all the stuff you guys have to share.

Archived