Anyone else with a Discovery?

Originally posted by shellyf

I'm just sitting here wondering who else has an APQS Discovery. I know I've seen one avatar pic of someone with one. I just don't see any in the signatures. :( I wonder how many were actually built. I never see them for sale either.

I'm pretty sure Dawn Cavanaugh has a Discovery. I'm sure there are a lot out there being used.

Yup, guilty as charged :) You don't hear about many of them which I guess is why they are no longer for sale. I have no interest in a stitch regulator and I prefer the Discovery handles to the Milleneum ones so I can't see me changing. Not that I could ever expect to afford to any way.

I would also love to know how many were built.

Why do you ask?

Ferret

Originally posted by miss jacque

i own a discovery, we are best buds and since i learned on a non stitch regulated using it just come natural, besides the constant chirp of the SR drives me insane...Jacque

Yes I couldn't live with that noise either, but I suspect it is easy to 'fix' :)

Ferret

I would love a larger machine, but

1. it won't fit. I can't even have the APQS frame I have to use a home frame that is a little smaller to get it in the house

2. I would want it to be exactly like the Discovery just longer and there is no longer a machine like that made.

3. I've only just covered the cost of this machine and started actually earning money. A new one would take me another 2-5 years to pay off. I think I should make money first.

Besides, even with it's faults, it does the job, and it does it well. There are things I would change ( I love burning my hands on the light bulb really I do) but it's the closest I can get to my perfect machine at the moment. I also like the fact that it encourages me to see what can be done, and actually if it can be done on a posh machine it can probably be done on this one too.

Ferret

Archived