Ultimate !! gear box

fabric007

Hi, it does sound like it could use a grease packing. Did you get a manual with the machine? If not, call APQS. Doesn't matter if it is old or new, first owner or second, third, etc.

They are most helpful, and will talk you through it. Amy can also tell what is wrong just by listening to it over the phone!! What a gal.

They will still help you if Amy isn't available. Oh!! boogers they are closed over the weekend.

Maybe one of the dealers will step in and help you. I know dealer isn't the right name, as I've forgotten, or maybe I've forgotten that it is right~!

Now I've confused mysel. lol,

This is from memory Amy will have better instructions with pictures. The gear box is behind the hook, to access it you take your head off the table and turn upside down. There is a plate with four screws covering the bottom of the gear box. You remove the screws and pry the cover off, it is sealed with silicone. Scrape off the silicone from the cover and around the gear box. Use something like a plastic knife or a popsicle stick and put it in the grease beside the hook and move it up and down like you are churning butter. It might take a minute or so to get the air bubble to come to the top. Then top off with the grease you get from APQS, apply a thin bead of silicone around the edge of the gear box and replace the cover. You can do this without adding more grease but the noise will be back probably within days so I would wait for Amy to send you some. In the past the grease has been no charge from APQS you just pay shipping, so now would be a good time to order any spare parts you might need as well.

Nigel

Archived