Can anyone find the stitching path?

I am trying to mark a double wedding ring using this rose. I can not seem to find the stitching path for the rose. Can anyone help me? I thought that if I figure it out now, I can practice it while I mark it. Well, I've wasted the last 2 hours trying to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: I really wish the designer would include this when you buy a pattern....just saying....

Peggy

post--13461908153107_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

I see it, but it's not an easy one, and you have to do it by doing partial shapes. Start at the base of the left corner leaf and head out to the tip, come back down the other side, do the vein in the middle, and proceed past your original start and up the left side. Complete the outside of the third petal and come in, forming the point that juts into its right side, down to the next intersection, turn left, small backtrack, right, down to the intersection, back left, then right near the leaf again, back to the next section and out to the leaf, etc. You'll be working around the middle. Path of least resistance and finish up in the center.

Peggy I'm not sure if the attached helps or not. I drew arrows on half of it but I'm not sure if that mucks is up too much. Basically the blue shows the initial stitching and the red shows where I back-tracked. I started in the middle and then out and counter clockwise. For whatever reason my brain works most often counter clockwise (I don't want to know LOL). I worked my way around to the last petal and then finally back in to finish off the final center leaf under the center bud. Clear as mud?

post--13461908153615_thumb.jpg

There is so much backtracking and confusion with this design, I'm sure it was originally offered as a hand-quilting design.

My suggestion would be to overlay with plastic or tracing paper and simplify it a lot so it can be stitched continuously.

Or......

Please go th www.rns-design.com to access the R&S website. Go to pattern boards and find a block board that is a whole rose (#222 block board). I designed that rose board and allow Ron to sell it. You have my permission to use the pathway on that board to use as a continuous line design. Draw it freehand to get a pleasing shape--maybe rounding the petals more. I prefer leaves that are more rose-like, but the feathery ones in your design are pretty as well. Draw it small and then scale up to the size you need, adding the leaves in to fit. If you can wait a bit, I can draw it for you and send it.

Originally posted by peglu

I really like that idea Linda. Unfortunately, R & S website is working for me right now. It won't let me leave the first page of blocks. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Peggy

I was having the problem as well today when I looked for the rose board. Access the site, click on the "Online store" spot, then the "Pattern boards-by type" spot--- and drag left to access "Block boards". The site seems obstinate today!

(Hi Shana!! We are thinking the same thoughts again!)

Okay, so I figured out the best possible path, (with your help: thanks) and i finished marking a queen sized quilt. I even had enough time to load it. That is when I figured it out. I marked every single rose going THE WRONG DIRECTION!! All my pretty roses are laying on their sides. :mad: When I laid it out to mark it, I THOUGHT I started at the bottom; but no....I started on a side. What a wasted day!

Peggy

Guest Linda S

I don't have a drawing program, so I can't draw out what I wrote, but if you can follow it, you'll see you really don't have to backtrack nearly as much as you think you do. You just need to get over trying to enclose the individual shapes one at a time.

Archived