Fiber retreat

I would bring several of my 97 UFOs. I would bring some that were not so fun, but that I want to get done and some that are quick and easy so I would have a feeling of accomplishment.

When I go to retreats, I always make sure I have everything cut out and ready to go, as retreats are not the easiest place to concentrate and I have made too many cutting errors to want to do much cutting at one.

I also tend to take tedious projects, like the one that needs 56 flying geese or one that needs to have all the applique stitched around or for me, binding. It is so much easier to do these when you are engaged in conversation while you are doing them than it is when you are sitting at home alone in your sewing room wishing with each one that you were done!

Have fun! A whole week! I am jealous!

Thank you Sheila,

Sounds like good advice. I am packing as much as I can fit in my car. Bringing stuff to dye with as well as sewing materials. Hoping to absorb the wisdom of the other attendees as much as I can.

I have never been involved in a retreat before, so I can use some tips.

Guest Linda S

I'm leaving tomorrow for a four-day retreat. I'm taking my triple feathered star that I started last week, another HST quilt I've been steadily working on, and my knitting!

Hi, Karol,

I always take a few different projects...some hand projects and some machine projects. Depending how many people are there, it can get distracting so I usually take projects that don't require lots of concentration. Most of all, have fun!

I packed some things in the car last night. Bringing stuff to dye with - I want to try some shibori. Bringing a whole cart full of fabrics and exchange blocks. Bringing a bag full of Crown Royal bags, which were saved by my son's friend - he is in Korea in the Army and I told him I would make him a quilt while he is gone. Bringing Thrift store clothing with wonderful prints. Bringing wine and my yoga mat. Bringing my featherweight and some handwork. Don't have room now for much clothing, so bringing quarters for laundry!

I can't wait!!!! Hope the week goes REALLY SLOWLY.

Archived