Superior - Rainbow

Rainbows are beautiful threads :) I love them. They can be a little tricky to "tweek" at first. What I do is keep my bobbin tension a little looser than normal, so it drops more quickly (spider drop test - I don't have a towa) and go a bit looser on top, too. Go slow. If you get thread breaks, loosen the top a bit more. you really want to try to keep your top as tight as possible (near breaking stage) to get a nice secure firm stitch. Go through two holes, not three. Be patient. Be patient. Sewer's Aide is your friend, too. Use it. :)

:) Oh and one more thing: I really believe that a clean bobbin area is key to a nice good stitch and happy machine. I'm not sure how often you thoroughly blow out, then WD40 and oil but I try to do it every 5 quilts or so ... depending... and before using Rainbows, you might want to do a thorough cleaning job the bobbin assembly....(that means removing needle bar plate and cleaning under there too.,..) It really does make a difference. :) And it purrs so nicely ........

I blow the bobbin area after each bobbin and WD40 & oil after each quilt. I think I will have that covered.

What do you mean by go through 2 holes and not 3 holes? Are you talking about the upper thread through the tension holes (that is not what they are called but is that what you are talking about)?

Ditto everything Shana said - Rainbows is finicky at times but worth it. They are so pretty! However, I'm finding a new love in this type of thread (40 weight trilobal polyester) called Glide by Fil-Tec and the variegated one called Affinity. Absoluetly gorgeous sheen and amazing stiching quality - you may have to try them also!!!

Archived