What's Your Return on Investment for Quilting? Here's mine...

Thank you all for sharing your stories, and thank you for making these quilts for people in need or just in need of cheering up. I am laying the one that i received from this group a year ago. A very rough year ago! I still cannot express my feelings about what this quilt has meant to me, and I know that anyone receiving a quilt feels the same way. It's a big feeling to try to put into words. So, for all the thank you's that you never get....here's a thank you from me!

Thanks Shana for your wonderful reminder of just how important it is to give to our community and others in need. Love all the other stories of giving in this thread. I too love to do charity quilts. I love how they look, how they feel, but most of all how they make others feel loved and cared for.

I am convinced that quilters are all cut from the same cloth -- and then sewn back together again to make a charity quilt!!!

My kids are what keeps me giving. Having had three of my seven spend time in the hospital...i am even more dedicated to finishing quilts to donate. I prefer to give teenage sized quilts since the hospitals seem to get less of this size. Not only babies and small kids get sick. My kids make quilts to donate too...they know the importance...as they have been on the end of being really sick.

Archived