Essentials PRO thread from Connecting Threads?

It's pouring rain here in northern Calif. ---and I'm quilting right now using Essential Pro Thread on some fine stipple/meander. I only have two colors of this thread. A Lavender, and a light Teal or Aqua color.

What I do notice is the thread is very fine gauge. If you like that fine appearance, it's very good thread and I've not had any problems with it.

(taking a break for some hot chocolate!)

I am still very new to machine quilting but have to say that I really like Omni thread. I think the thing I like most about it is that it is on the "thick" side and shows up nice on the quilt. But having said that, I have only used Omni, a little bit of So Fine and King Tut varigated....so probably don't have enough experience to comment....lol I like seeing the thread and the stitches....personal opinion...lol

I have used the Essentials Pro Cotton from Connecting Threads. I have many colors. It works fine on my Freedom and like someone else said, I like it when I want a lighter weight thread for the quilting so as not to draw quite as much attention to the quilting.

Archived